Like most of us, our kid’s and guest bedrooms are more on the conservative side, where space is at a premium. So, with this in mind, I set out to find the ultimate bed for my boys’ tiny bedroom.
Initially, I set out to find a space-saving bed but I didn’t want bunk beds; the bedroom was too small for a towering piece of furniture. Trundle beds seemed the best bet, as I wanted something my kids could slide in by themselves and literally pack the bedroom up and be done with the bed mess in an instant, while freeing up floor space.
This shaker style wood, trundle bed with drawers underneath, by Coaster is amazing. Its classic style and choice of three wood finishes: white, cherry brown and black, is the ultimate solution.
The bottom bed slides easily underneath the top bed unit and the added storage via three drawers underneath the bottom (trundle) is a plus-plus.
Here’s a few pointers about this trundle bed:
- bottom trundle slides on wheels for an easier time tucking underneath the top bed
- no box spring is needed; you only need the top mattress
- space saving; you’ll realize three pieces of bedroom furniture in one unit: two twin size beds and a dresser
- budget-friendly (cheap, without being ‘cheap’)
- three wood finishes are gender neutral and lasting; ideal for kids to tweens bedrooms
- delivered (my fave, since there was no borrowing a truck or paying for delivery)
Here’s my personal tip and opinion: I ordered from Amazon (the link is with the image) and chose the ‘free shipping’ option. The bed is available from other vendors on Amazon for a ‘lower price’ but NOT free shipping, so in all, I think you’ll come out better with free shipping, delivered by Amazon. Just be sure to double check your options.Buy Now