Are you prepared when the electricity goes out? We are!
We live in an area that is prone to hurricanes and extremely bad thunderstorms. Often, we lose electricity. I am not interested in getting into my car to charge my cell phone in a major thunder and lightning storm, so I started looking for some easy ways to overcome doing that. I wanted a device that did not have to depend on batteries, and one that would provide weather information and news – reliably.
After looking at a LOT of different options, I chose two. One of them, is this Eton FRX3 wind up radio.
Here are its features:
- It can be wound up, as it has a turbine in it.
- The handle is sturdy, unlike some we have owned.
- It receives AM and FM radio channels
- All 7 of the NOAA weather channels can be heard
- It has a solar panel to help keep its charge
- There is a place to plug in your headphones
- Its display lights up
- There is a red LED beacon and a strong LED flashlight in it
- It includes a tiny USB cable with DC input
- The unit is attractive
- It doesn’t take 5 minutes of turning the handle, to get results.
- One additional feature, which I am glad to have, is that there is a glow in the dark frame around the display. That makes it easy to find, when the electricity is off.
Because our sons were, for a time, away from ANY electricity in Alaska – the Eton FRX3 hand powered radio and cell phone charger was a blessing. It is something everyone should have in an emergency situation, and the BEST thing about it is – it doesn’t cost a “fortune”!Buy Now