It was time to get a smartwatch. The first generation has come and gone. I figured that most of the kinks have been worked out and the proper upgrades have been made, so I ordered the new Samsung Gear 2 Smartwatch to go with my Galaxy S5 phone.
First off, I am a bit of a watch nut. I like the classic look and style of a good watch. I was a bit worried that a new smart watch would be like the old casio calculator watch. Big, light, and cheesy. But it wasn’t…
The Gear 2 has a brushed aluminum case with a good bit of weight and a very comfortable band. Granted, it is not a Rolex, but it isn’t cheesy at all.
Not being the most tech savvy person on the planet, I was also a little worried that it would be difficult to sync up with my phone and complicated to use. While I let it charge, I went over the User’s Manual so that I had a clue.
It was easy enough, I just had to go to apps.samsung.com/gear2 with my phone and download the app. After that, it was game on. I had that baby up and running in no time.
Best Features of the Samsung Gear 2 Smartwatch:
- I do not have to keep my phone on me to answer it. I can be out in the garage working on my bike and my phone can be in the house and I still know if someone is calling or texting me.
- It works great with my Bluetooth so that I can listen to my favorite tunes as I go about my day.
- It keeps track of my steps and heart rate. More of a novelty for me, but it is interesting.
- I can put a bunch of cool watch faces on it.
- It tells me what the temperature is.
- I like attention, and people are always asking me about it.
So far, I only have a couple of negatives to point out about this watch;
- I can not wear it to work. I work in harsh conditions and I am afraid of breaking it
- It is only water resistant up to 1 meter or 3 feet. It may handle getting damp, but I try not to get it wet, at all.
- If I am sweaty, and my finger is damp, the touch screen doesn’t respond. I have to make sure my finger is totally dry to use it.
- I am not used to charging my watches. The charge lasts about three days and then I have to take it off to recharge it.
Overall, it is a fun little device that comes in more handy than I thought it would. I would definitely get the Samsung Gear 2 Smartwatch again if I had to do it all over again.Buy Now